Monday, March 11, 2013

One more day!

It is hard to believe that we have now given our presentation four times. We are really looking forward to performing at Furman tomorrow on our way back to Greensboro and to performing again in our hometown a little later in the semester. I can't even begin to process much this project has meant to me, how much I have grown, and how much my students have grown. I believe so passionately in the transformational experience of chamber music and have witnessed it first hand with this wonderful group of singers. Today was a whirlwind with an early performance at Kennesaw State University hosted by Alison Mann and Georgia State University organized with Deanna Joseph and hosted by Ariel Merivil. My students are becoming quicker and quicker at adapting to new spaces and more comfortable navigating unpredictable performance situations. We have one more long ride in Bev, one more road performance, and one more group lunch to navigate. And then it is on to the rest of spring break, which for me means Dallas and ACDA. Whew!

Today was really too fast to take many pictures, but this hilarious one is too funny NOT to share. It's what happens when there is concentrated togetherness...





No comments:

Post a Comment